Sunday, January 2, 2011

Welcome to Hair @ The Copa Room!

Welcome, this is my first blog!

Recently I inherited the hair salon I had been working at. Sadly my friend Dennis, the owner of the salon, passed away. While it's been a very hard time adjusting, I can't help but look forward to owning my own salon (albeit tiny...) and thinking of what to do with it.

Fortunately I already had loads of ideas! I figured someday Dennis would retire and then I'd be able to make it my own. Well the time is here! The first thing I had to change was the name. Soooo....Souza Hair Color and Design Center became The Copa Room!

Why The Copa Room, you may ask? It's simple. I LOVE LAS VEGAS! OLD Las Vegas. The Rat Pack's Las Vegas. The Sands Hotel, and you guessed it, The Copa Room. This was THE place to be at the time. Where all the magic happened on stage, where people flew in from all over the world to see Frank and Dino and Sammy get up onstage and have a party. Talk about "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas..." they invented it!

So short of putting in a slot machine (which I totally would if I found one from The Sands) I'm going to be decorating the salon to reflect my love of late '50s, early 60's, Las Vegas, mid century modern, atomic age, etc. Think 1957-1963, think Madmen style, getting a picture? Cool music, lounge, swing, space-age, tiki, classic crooners, the works.

So I started this blog to document the process of remodeling, posting pictures, links etc. to all my ideas. Hopefully it will be fun to follow and eventually the salon will be done but there will still be tons to blog about!

5 comments:

  1. Mad Men style salon? Sold! I'm looking forward to the upcoming pics of the redecorated salon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! We are never given challenges we cannot handle, I'm sure its been a hard transition into ownership given the details but The Copa Room will be a smashing success! Looking forward to your posts!

    Chante'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy! Wow, I didn't know about Dennis until now. I send you my condolences. He lived one heck of a life and I know he is in a much more peaceful and loving place now :) I miss you! and congrats on this new project! I am very happy for you and have no doubt that the salon will turn out great! Wish I could be there to see it but please know that I am there in spirit and I can't wait to follow this new project of yours! Best of luck always!
    -Daisy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Daisy, it was very sudden and unexpected, so sad...

    Thanks for following me everyone, stay tuned for before pics!

    ReplyDelete