Thursday, January 13, 2011

Paint and floors...

After scouring the internet for hours upon hours for salon ideas I finally settled on painting the walls turquoise. It sounds kind of weird to most people judging by the stunned silence I've gotten a few times after telling a couple of my clients. But TRUST ME, it will be soooo cool! Here's a picture or two of what helped me decide-

As soon as I saw this first one I was sold!





Now that one seems a little on the "sea foam green" side so I'm thinking more like the wall in the background of this picture (maybe not quite as bright):



On to the floors-The floors I have now are old linoleum (and not in a good way), stained, not put in very well. I'm hoping they won't have to take them up when they put in this very cool BLACK linoleum! (I can't wait!)





That's all for now, I've got some outstanding drawer pulls to share next time... :D

8 comments:

  1. You've inspired me. I've always loved the retro look you are going with. I was thinking of doing a wall color and the light turquoise is what I envisioned. I found a cool shower curtain. I've decided to pull from that. I love redecorating :)
    I can't wait to see the finished results on the Copa room!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much guys, it's so fun to be able to do your salon any way you want!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh I love your colors-so perfect w/your retro Vegas vision! Our salon has linoleum-much more like a faux stone look that-I kid you not-unless the hair is really dark brown/black, you can't see anything on this crazy floor! And not only does it really look like stone, it feels like it also! The linos today are pretty cool! I love seeing your vision come to life-now anxiously awaiting the reveal of the drawer pulls! haha! I redid my kitchen 3 yrs. ago and I can totally relate to your attention to detail and excitement over these things!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks curlupanddye, I've been spending hours upon hours on the internet researching. A lot of my ideas and resources come from a great blog called Retro Renovation. She posts great resources on almost anything you could want! Very cool stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Copa girl, Congratulations on opening your own salon. For the first time I feel like doing it myself. How many square feet is your salon. Is it 2 chairs? Perfect right, so you plan on working just by yourself? Good luck and you will do great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! Yes, I'm two chairs and after working in salons with all kinds of different people I've decided to just work alone. That could change some day but I doubt it! I don't know how many square feet I've got, I'll try to measure today and figure it out. Are you going to open a salon too? Good luck, I'm LOVING being the one in charge of EVERYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  7. styling salon chairs
    -:we are happy to read your post , its a very nice and more informative...

    ReplyDelete