Wednesday, March 16, 2011

FABULOUS FABRIC!

I have a few spots in the salon that have fabric covering the wall, above the mirrors that I need to replace. So of course I have spent many many hours searching the internet for the proper fabric. It is really a smallish accent area so I really wanted it to scream "1950's"!! I found a whole bunch of different options, all beautiful and oh so hard to choose from. So here are some pics that I have saved from the internet (how did people redecorate before the internet??) or took from my phone. 
Enjoy-














The last one is a wallpaper, really love that one but it was sold out. The one I chose below is from Melinamade which is where most of these are from, I think.





I think this will add a little lightness to the area, and at $40 a yard I am hoping it will be the right choice! The good thing is that they make throw pillows to go with so if I like it I can get some pillows for the chairs. 

2 comments:

  1. great choice! I sew and I can't tell you how often it's happened that a fabric I loved was unavail and my 2nd choice wound up being the really right one! I love how at the same time it's retro, but by using different accent pieces or fabric trims in those great colors-the black or that cool coral color-you can definitely make it very 'today!' Wish I could see in person, but this is the next best thing! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! You never know you may just find yourself in San Diego some day... :D

    ReplyDelete